The Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences (IO PAN) Ph.D. program in the field of Oceanography
Recruitment for the program is conducted annually in September by a Recruitment Panel appointed by the Director of the IO PAN. The application process includes an interview regarding the applicants’ research proposal, and an English language test. The final decision on the admission of candidates to the doctoral program is made by the Director of the IO PAN.
Instytut Oceanologii PAN, Powstańców Warszawy 55, 81-712 Sopot
In accordance with the regulations of 14 March 2003 about scientific degrees and the scientific title (Journal of Laws No. 65, item 595 with further changes) the doctoral degree is awarded by the Institute Scientific Council.
Our learning courses are built around the following criteria:
- Facilitation of the necessary research knowledge, to secure conduction of proper research in order to prepare the dissertation.
- Possibility to obtain necessary theoretical knowledge, from the research area of particular interest.
- As a result of the two above points, to obtain necessary skills in order to prepare the Ph.D. dissertation.
It is our philosophy that each student realizes his/her research plans under the supervision of an experienced researcher, in a world class research team. We strive to fulfil a wide range of student’s needs. We support students’ scientific development and help to build a wide network of scientific contacts, also on an international level. Our researchers have very positive attitude towards work with young scientists. This together with a state-of-the art instrumentation and laboratories facilitates very creative and friendly environment for conducting research.
Over 75% of our doctoral candidates, who start their “scientific adventure” in our Institute, complete their courses and obtain the doctoral title.
We offer a unique possibility of participation in marine research activities from board of the s/y Oceania, both in the Baltic Sea and the European Arctic, mostly around Svalbard archipelago.
Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences offers a scholarship for all freshmen.
The program provides high quality doctoral education, access to excellent technical facilities, administrative support and individual scientific guidance leading to an internationally recognized Ph.D. in Natural Sciences in the field of Oceanology. Our students work under the scientific supervision of IO PAN colleagues, and through their close involvement in various national and international research projects they significantly contribute to the Institute’s scientific output. The study course has been designed to facilitate the following:
Providing students with the necessary methodological knowledge which will allow them to carry out scientific research required for the Ph.D. thesis. Supplementing theoretical knowledge in the field of the chosen dissertation subject. Obtaining advanced knowledge necessary for preparing a doctoral dissertation in accordance with the accepted guidelines.
It is our philosophy to provide our students with the chance to fully implement their research plans under the guidance of an experienced scientific supervisor as a member of a world-class research team. Apart from encouraging our students’ scientific development we help them build a wide network of contacts in the national and international scientific community. Our students will find themselves working in an exceptionally creative and friendly work environment, as it is a top priority for IO PAN staff to provide our young scientists with the necessary tools and facilities required for them to carry out their research plans. We offer the unique possibility of participating in marine research activities conducted onboard the R/V Oceania. Every year, the research vessel spends 230-250 days at sea, performing, among others, research expeditions to the seas of the European Arctic and Spitsbergen (June-August) and over a dozen Baltic cruises.
The Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences offers a scholarship for all first-year students.
Detailed information is available from:
Tymon Zieliński (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Program Director
TERMINY SKŁADANIA WNIOSKÓW
|ŚWIADCZENIA Z FUNDUSZU POMOCY MATERIALNEJ:|
|stypendium socjalne||15 października 2018 oraz 15 marca 2019|
|stypendium dla najlepszych doktorantów||15 października 2018|
|ŚWIADCZENIA ZE ŚRODKÓW FINANSOWYCH NA ROZWÓJ MŁODYCH NAUKOWCÓW:|
|stypendium doktoranckie||15 października 2018|
- Zasady rekrutacji
- Regulamin Studium (27 luty 2018)
- Program kształcenia
- List of supervisors and research topics
- Program seminariów Studium Doktoranckiego, II semestr 2018/2019
- Regulamin Samorządu Doktorantów IO PAN
- Regulamin przyznawania stypendiów doktoranckich na rok akademicki 2018/2019
- Regulamin przyznawania pomocy materialnej
- zał. 1 - Dokumenty wymagane przy wniosku o stypendium socjalne - PDF, DOC
- zał. 2 - Wniosek o przyznanie zapomogi - PDF, DOC
- zał. 3 - Wniosek o przyznanie stypendium socjal. dla osób niepełnosprawnych - PDF, DOC
- zał. 4 - Form. wniosku o przyznanie stypendium dla najlepszych doktorantów - PDF, DOC
- zał. 5 - Oświadczenie o niepobieraniu świadczeń na innych studiach dokt. - PDF, DOC
- Decyzja Dyrektora IO PAN w sprawie przyjęcia słuchaczy z dniem 1.10.2018
- Strumienie finansowania dla doktorantów
- Program "Doktorat wdrożeniowy"